Mail News Service
Jamshedpur, November 1: East Singhbhum Deputy Commissioner Vijaya Jadhav on Tuesday said traditional mass media should also be used to spread public awareness about the Sarkar Apke Dwar scheme launched by the state government.
Addressing a review meeting on the second phase of Hemant Soren government’s ambitious flagship programme, the DC said that East Singhbhum district had received about 2.26 lakh applications related to various welfare schemes run by the state government in the first phase. Only about 19 percent of the applications are pending so far, she said, adding that the district administration had successfully launched the second phase of the scheme. She said disposing of applications on time was a must to ensure its success. She said that the district administration was using both modern as well as traditional methods of mass awareness to make people aware of the benefits of various government schemes. Local languages should also be used for mass awareness, she said.
Jadhav said camps would be organized in eight panchayats of Baharagora, Mosabani, Ghatsila, Jamshedpur, Potka, Chakulia and Patamada tomorrow.
Many senior officials of the district administration were present during the meeting. They included ADM Law and Order Nand Kishore Lal, ADC Saurabh Sinha, SDO Dhalbhum Piyush Sinha, NEP Director Jyotsna Singh, District Supply Officer Rajeev Ranjan, LRDC Ravindra Gagrai and District Welfare Officer Rajesh Pandey among others.