Another armed standoff in Mobile Tuesday, ALEA believes the woman suffered a mental health crisis | Techy Kings


MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) – This story will sound eerily similar to what we all saw on Monday.

…another gap in mobile.

But this one was brief and ended without anyone getting hurt.

State troopers say the woman led them on a chase down 165, drove home and refused to get out of the SUV.

Investigators believe she suffered a mental health crisis.

Julius Perry, a close friend of the woman, says not talking about mental health is part of the problem.

The standoff happened on Muriel Avenue around 3 a.m. Tuesday afternoon.

Guns were drawn as MPD officers and state troopers surrounded the woman’s car.

According to ALEA, troopers tried to pull her over for speeding, but she refused to stop and led them on a chase, reaching speeds of over 100 mph.

Perry says the woman is suffering from paranoia.

“Everywhere she went, she got depressed and upset about where she was,” Perry explained. “Apparently she realized she was out on the streets she shouldn’t have been and probably saw a police or state trooper car and took off.”

The woman got up and drove home herself, where the chase ended. She then locked herself inside her SUV.

After about 20 minutes, she surrendered peacefully and was taken to the hospital.

Mental health experts try to talk a man out of a car during Monday’s standoff

Perry says it’s not the first time something like this has happened, and it’s possible she’s having a psychotic episode.

“She’s as sweet as can be. She is good. She would do anything in the world for you,” Perry said. And if she doesn’t take her medicine, she’s going to go into that depression. And it’s sad that these things happen because of the psyche.

Tuesday’s incident bore chilling similarities to what we all witnessed on Monday.

A man who suffered a mental breakdown ended up in a car in the center of Mobile.

This gap, which lasted several hours, ended tragically. MPD says Terrance Duncan shot himself after tear gas was fired at his car on Government Street.

He died in hospital.

Perry wants people to pay more attention to the seriousness of mental health and hopes his friend gets the help he needs.

“I hope she gets that help and I hope she pays more attention now that she knows what happened today was a little more difficult than last time,” he said. “I hope this time she just accepts the fact that I need this help.”

No one was hurt.

ALEA did not say if any charges have been filed against the woman.

Download the FOX10 Weather app. Receive life-saving severe weather alerts and alerts for your location wherever you are. Free to purchase Apple App Store and Google Play Store.


Source link