JACKSONVILLE, Fla – The City of Jacksonville’s Solid Waste Department is encouraging residents to safely dispose of household and electronic waste during a collection event.
This Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The household hazardous and e-waste mobile collection event returns to Ed Austin Regional Park, located at 3450 Monument Rd.
>>> ACTION NEWS JAX LIVE <<
Residents can pick up items such as chemicals and small appliances for proper disposal. For a list of upcoming dates and sites, click here
The following items are accepted:
Household hazardous waste-
- Pesticides, pool chemicals or any other chemicals or acids
- Car parts, antifreeze, engine oil* or used oil filters
- Gas, propane, kerosene or diesel fuel/tanks
- Fireworks, rockets, fire extinguishers, gunpowder or ammunition
- Drain cleaners, paint*, varnish, shellac, thinners or strippers
- Thermometers or thermostats
- Car batteries or rechargeable batteries
- Photographic chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Fluorescent or compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs/tubes/bulb
- Computer monitors
- Computer terminal
- Stereo equipment
- Video players
- Video Camera
- Desk and mobile phones
- Electric tools
- Small kitchen appliances
- Health and beauty devices
[DOWNLOAD: Free Action News Jax app for alerts as news breaks]
As a reminder, residents can drop off household hazardous waste and electronic waste year-round at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility (2675 Commonwealth Ave. – 32254), Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Additional general information on HHW and e-waste collection can be found at Solid Waste Department website.
* Discharge of paint and motor oil: Limits are 27 gallons of paint and/or 27 gallons of motor oil per 30-day period per Duval County resident.
[SIGN UP: Action News Jax Daily Headlines Newsletter]
Click here to download free Action News Jax news and weather apps, click here to download the Action News Jax Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Action News Jax live.