N. Korea’s media raps the South’s drive to create military division to counter nuclear threats | Techy Kings

[ad_1]

Seoul, Nov 21 (IANS) A North Korean media outlet has dismissed South Korea’s push to install a new military division to deal with threats from Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction (WMD) as a step to improve its “preemptive strike capability”.

Earlier this month, South Korea’s Defense Ministry announced a proposal to create the new department within the Joint Chiefs of Staff as part of efforts to counter the North’s evolving nuclear and missile threats, Yonhap news agency reported.

Uriminjokkiri, the propaganda website, said the move to open the new division appears intended to improve the South’s preemptive strike capabilities and redouble what it calls “preparations for a war of invasion.”

“That said, it would be more accurate to call it pre-emptive strike headquarters,” the site said.

The site also pinned the blame for a rise in tensions on the Korean Peninsula on the US and the South, although the North has carried out a flurry of provocations, including an intercontinental ballistic missile launch last week.

— IANS

int/sha

[ad_2]

Source link