Happy Chhath Puja 2022: Chhath Puja is celebrated to worship the sun god. During Chhath Puja, devotees offer thanks to the Supreme Lord Surya, who is considered the creator of the universe and the source of life on earth. It is known as Maha Puru and is one of the most auspicious festivals celebrated in Bihar, Jharkhand and eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh. During the four days of the festival, Lord Surya is worshiped and Arghya is offered.
Also read: Happy Chhath Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Status, Quotes, Messages, Facebook and Whatsapp Greetings to Share
The festival started on October 28, and will continue until October 31. The puja is also known by many other names like – Dala Chhath, Surya Shasthi, Chhathi Mai, and Chhath Mai Pooja.
It is believed that during Chhath the deities fulfill all the wishes of the devotees and bless their children with good health and happiness.
Chhath Puja – Sindhia Arghya Sunset time
The third day of Chhath Puja will be celebrated today on October 30. Shasthi Tithi will start on October 30 at 05:49 am and end on October 31 at 03:27 am. According to Dirk Panching, the sun will set at 5 pm. It will rise at 38 PM on Sunday, October 30, and 06.32 AM on Monday, October 31.
Also read: Chhath Puja 2022: 5 Folk Songs You Can Play During This Festival Celebrating Sun God
Chhath Puja – Sunset time depending on the city
- Patna: 05:10 PM
- Ranchi: 05:12 PM
- New Delhi: 5:38 pm
- Jaipur: 05:46 PM
- Ahmedabad: 06:03 PM
- Mumbai: 06:06 PM
- Bengaluru: 05:54 PM
- Bhopal: 05:43 PM
- Raipur: 05:29 PM
- Hyderabad: 05:46 PM
- Chennai: 05:43 PM
- Kolkata: 5:00 PM
- Lucknow: 05:25 PM
- Chandigarh: 05:37 PM
- Bhubaneswar: 05:13 PM
- Shimla: 05:35 PM
- Dehradun: 05:32 PM
- Pune: 06:03 PM
Chhath Puja: Significance
The third day of Chhath Puja is also known as Sandhya Arghya. Devotees observe Narjala Vrata and offer arghya to Surya deity and Chatti Maya.
According to legends, Shasthi Mata protects the children of devotees and grants them long life. Sixth year is the only time when arghya (offering) is given to sunset. On the third day, the fast continues throughout the night.
Also read: Chhat Pooja 2022 Calendar: Date, Shab Muhurat and Pooja Vidhi for Nahay Khe, Kharna, Sindhia Arghya and Usha Arghya
Offering arghya to the sunset is the main ritual of the day.
Chhath Puja 2022: Sandhya Arg Puja Vidhi
- Pooja Vidhi begins with a ritual puja, with devotees offering flowers on the banks of the river and lighting clay lamps – lamps.
- Devotees observe a 36-hour fast during this festival which begins with Kharna on the second day after eating kheer and roti.
- The worshipers do not even drink water while fasting.
- This vrat ends on the fourth day when devotees pray to the rising sun by performing a ritual called Usha Arg.
- Devotees break their fast after this ritual, take a dip in holy water, and sing folk songs that tell stories of how, in ancient times, the Sun God saved the lives of their ancestors.
- Rice, sugarcane, thikwa (wheat cake) are offered to the sun god in a bamboo basket.
Read all Latest lifestyle news. Here