Verstappen calls out media, details online abuse he and family endured | Techy Kings

[ad_1]

Thursday’s press conference ahead of Formula 1’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix became heated as Max Verstappen defended his decision to ignore team orders in Brazil and criticized media reports and widespread online abuse.

The two-time world champion refused Red Bull’s instructions to give up his position to teammate Sergio Pérez, who is battling for second in the drivers’ standings. Verstappen suggested the reason was due to an incident earlier this year, but he has not revealed further details.

The 25-year-old said in Abu Dhabi that the team “had a bit of a misunderstanding” in Brazil, revealing that “on Saturday and Sunday nothing had been said to me about a potential change or anything. It wasn’t until the last lap that it was said on the radio and I think they should have known my answer already from what I said the week before.”



[ad_2]

Source link